Of course, with summer on its way, you’ll want to enjoy as much time outdoors as possible.
- Install a swimming pool.
- Put in your dream patio.
- Relax with backyard water features.
Whenever you need to get away, you don’t have to drive to an expensive cottage or hit a crowded beach.
Instead, just open your back door, step outside, and enjoy your very own backyard oasis.
With that in mind, here are some tips to bring to alive.
Important note for Summit Park homeowners
Summit Park homeowners must wait until final grading is approved by the City of Hamilton before beginning and completing any landscaping projects.
If you’ve moved into a Summit Park home and final grading has been approved by the City, you are free to create the perfect outdoor living space for your family, your friends, and yourself.
Install outdoor lighting
Hosting a summer garden party this year?
Don’t let sundown force everyone indoors. Landscape lighting allows you to tastefully and safely enjoy your backyard.
It also lets you show off certain elements of your outdoor living space at night.
- Spotlights shining on your colourful flower garden.
- Walking along an interlock path lined with built-in lighting.
- Floating lanterns providing bursts of light throughout your backyard.
Outdoor lighting also provides an extra sense of security.
Firstly, they’ll illuminate any darkened areas, making it easier for you to talk across your backyard.
Secondly, certain types of lights (such as motion-detectors) will deter any unsavory characters from targeting your Summit Park neighbourhood home.
There’s nothing as tranquil and serene as the sounds and sights of water.
After a particularly stressful day, head towards your backyard and let something like a waterfall, pond, or fountain soothe your soul in a variety of ways.
Listen to the sounds of:
- Water tumbling over your backyard waterfall.
- Delicate splashes of a fountain pouring over rocks.
See the sights of:
- Gentle ripples spreading across the pond.
- Sunlight shining on the surface of your pond.
- Pond fish (like koi) peacefully swimming along.
Just a few moments surrounded by your own water features will restore and reinvigorate you.
A private place just for you
While the majority of your Summit Park backyard will be dedicated to entertaining, you may want to allocate a corner just for you.
A place where you can:
- Read quietly.
- Listen to the ballgame in peace.
- Think, mediate, and relax.
There are a few ways you can achieve this:
- Install a privacy fence to separate your nook from the rest of the backyard.
- Use tall plants to create a natural border for your private area.
- Build a path leading to your secret spot.
Many homeowners in Hamilton have already done this; you can think of it as an oasis within your oasis.
The great thing about your Summit Park backyard is that the possibilities are almost limitless.
In addition to the suggestions already listed in this blog, you can:
- Build your dream deck and include an outdoor dining area.
- Create the perfect patio.
- Install an outdoor kitchen and become a true grill master.
- Set up outdoor speakers and listen to your favourite tunes.
- Make a gazebo or pergola the centerpiece of your backyard.
- Build a treehouse for the kids (and maybe yourself too).
Ask yourself these questions:
- Do you need a large backyard for your kids to play in?
- Are you looking to host family BBQs all summer long?
- Want a place to call home that’s perfect for you – both inside and out?
All that – and more – can be found at Summit Park, and we invite you to see it for yourself:
- Register for Summit Park news.
- Register for future releases.
- Contact us to find out which homes are available.