Summer brings blue skies and scorching temperatures, and for most people it’s the best season to get out and explore their local city attractions and events, or to rediscover their city in a new way.
There are a number of fun things to do in Hamilton, Ontario in particular. From various festivals and family activities, to nature spots and other popular places to visit in Hamilton, discover some of the top summer events and experiences the city has to offer you and the whole family this summer.
Hamilton Summer Events
Fun for all ages, these places and things to do in Hamilton have something to offer even the fussiest of family members.
H3: Hamilton Tiger-Cats Gameday Experience
Spend a day with Hamilton’s very own Tiger-Cats. Watch the tackles and touchdowns on the Tim Hortons Field and immerse yourself in other ‘fun for all of the family’ activities:
• Let the little ones play at Stripes’ Jungle Playground
• Check out the Canadian Football Hall of Fame and official merchandise from the Tiger-Cats shop
• The Coors Banquet bar offers something to quench your thirst and for all the country fans, the full experience of country music and cowboy hats
From September 13-15th, 2019 at James St. N., check out Hamilton’s premier multi-arts festival. A mixture of art, fashion, performance, literature and theatre, alongside new and independent music awaits!
• The ‘Family Zone’ has a host of family-friendly programming, honouring children’s voices and tapping into their imaginations.
• Visit the many food and drinks vendors to pick up a sweet treat, or some top-quality street food along the way.
Gage Park Tropical Greenhouse
Free to enter, this 14,000 square-foot tropical paradise houses a collection of subtropical plants, unique species and palm trees.
• Primarily used as an educational centre, you’re bound to learn some cool facts and witness some interesting plant life in the process.
• Highlights include various waterfalls and ponds with fish, turtles and waterlilies.
Winona Peach Festival
For the past fifty years, the Winona Peach Festival has taken place every August and runs this year from August 23-25th, 2019 at 1328 Barton St. in Stoney Creek.
• With free admittance, indulge in all things peachy!
• Arts and crafts showcased by over seventy-five crafters
• Over one hundred vendors and a whole lot of peach-flavoured goodies to choose from
• Watch the ‘Peach of a Car Show’ and check out the E.D. Smith Fun Factory for the kids
Dundurn National Historic Site: Historic Cooking Workshop and Plant Bake Hunt Eat
Instead of just taking a guided tour of this 1835, 40-room castle, why not get your hands a bit dirty and have some fun in the process?
• On July 21st, 2019 from 10 AM – 12:30 PM, join costumed interpreters for a hands-on workshop suitable for the entire family
• Take a fun tour of the two-acre historic kitchen garden and plant historic seeds to take home and grow
• Prepare and bake a historic recipe and finish off the day by tasting the delicious treats you make
For more fun things to do in Hamilton this summer, check out the City of Hamilton’s event calendar or what to do in Hamilton with kids.
Thinking about moving to Hamilton? Contact Multi-Area Developments for more information on developments, school and education programs, entertainment and more.